Wednesday, June 11, 2008

heading into Day 3

The home stretch for me; last day and I fly home this evening

1. First day will overlaps where in each session I have to choose; I hate that.

2. I mentioned it rained hard right; well it rained in our room. My wife is here and she had to move our room. The rain came into the room. in fact, we saw numerous places at out hotel with water damage and the gold course was flooded. The debris on the road at WDW was impressive; I was glad to not be in park when that hit.

3. My wife came down with me, with my parents keeping the kids. It has been awesome. It has made the conference a ton better, especially having someone to go out at night. I love having her here. Part of the trick has been that we have a Visa Disney card and have used our accumulated points. Between the points and the corporate coverage, I have been able to have two very nice meals.

4. Last night was Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. It is a Pacific Northwest themes restaurant. The major restaurants at Disney hotels often are themed to the hotel motif. We have eaten there before and loved it. Tow favorites are a smoky mushroom soup and the coffee creme bulee. they did not have the dessert. major bummer.  in fact, we went to Kona restaurant over in the Polynesian, and could not get in there. Oh well, we did see the Magic Kingdom fireworks again last night. So, moral of the story - take your wives with you, leave the kids at home - much better experience.

No comments: